For technology developers of microgrid solutions or distributed energy resources (DERs), this is a great opportunity to have your solution considered for deployment in a Whole Foods Market product distribution center in California. This will be a highly visible demonstration project with potential follow-on deployment opportunities. ProspectSV is seeking innovative energy solutions for microgrid infrastructure technologies, software platforms, DERs and building-level systems (see below for details).
The proposed project site is a 118,000 square-foot refrigerated distribution facility on a 10-acre lot. The site recently installed a 600 kilowatt PV system. Energy usage at the site is approximately 3.2 Million kWh annually and with typical monthly demand in the 500-650 kW range.
Microgrid infrastructure technologies that enable:
- Preferred platforms and products will provide simplified (ideally off-the-shelf) integration between existing & new DERs, the Building Management Systems (BMS), and the grid signals using recognized industry protocols for communication and security.
- Overall goal of this system will also provide analytics/controls/intelligence for:
- operational resiliency through grid islanding/reconnection, relaying and protection, and power quality corrections
- direct financial benefits of demand forecasting, electric rate optimization, and scheduling
- grid-level services such as voltage and frequency regulation
Distributed Energy Resources such as:
- On-site generation (excluding PV panels)
- On-site electricity storage
- Thermal storage technologies – especially related to refrigeration
Building-level systems (tertiary emphasis) such as:
- DC-side building technologies
- Energy Efficiency technologies – especially related to refrigeration
|June 2017||Release and distribution of RFI|
|July 31, 2017||Deadline for submissions|
|August & September||Interviews & follow-up (as necessary)|
|October 2017||Finalist Notification|
|Q4 2018||Estimated Construction|
Link to Submit an Application: http://bit.ly/2thxznH
If you would like details on the Review Process and more info, please look at the PDF here: Whole Foods Microgrid